View Single Post
Old 27-Mar-2019, 3:49 PM   #6
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage View Post
The reason I made a separate thread is for reference for the others who may be in my general area. Those that live in Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin. We have such a of choices between the two cities.

Plus, we've got a lot of crossover fans for the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers. Back in the antenna only days, it wasn't uncommon for people to have Sports parties based on their reception. To me, those were exciting times for the antenna world. I always wanted one of those CA8100s, to me, that was the ultimate statement. . A completely impractical antenna by today's standards.
I'm not familiar with that antenna; I'll have to look it up.

Quote:
As you know, I have two rooftop masts. My idea was to have one mast for play and the other long-range messing around. I wouldn't say I've gotten the DX bug, but I had a lot of fun with it when the Rotator was working. I was picking up VHF from the other side of Lake Michigan. Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids well over a hundred miles away.
OK, I get it; one mast for Chicago and Milwaukee and the other mast with a rotator for DXing. Sounds like fun.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote