View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2014, 9:15 PM   #10
tomfoolery

I'm using the FM-6 in my attic now, aimed toward my favorite (weak) station down in the reserved band (90.1). Almost 100 ft of RG-6 to a 4-way splitter, then another 20-40 ft to each receiver or tuner. I'm quite happy with it, especially for the money. I also used to have the FMSS turnstile omni, which of course has less gain (less than 0, I believe), but I lived near NYC, and stations were all around, so it was more appropriate. Cheaper, too. I think they still make it. You can also get FM vertical dipole antennas, but they're much more money, and to be honest, I think those two AntennaCraft units are a bargain.

If you don't know what you have, or where it's coming from, use the FM Fool locator, which works similar to the TV Fool page.

But I would definitely put up an inexpensive FM antenna before trying to tap FM off the TV antenna, and run a separate cable. I have 4 cables to my HT area - TV Ant., FM Ant., Cable TV, and Cable Modem (cable co. split the modem off first, before any splitters for TVs).
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote