View Single Post
Old 16-Aug-2014, 1:28 PM   #9
w1zofaz

teleview, wow, I'm sorry I do not know how I over looked your informative post. I am so sorry. I knew the Mohu needed to be replaced as soon as I could not bring in channel 6.1 reliably all the time. In fact it is for some reason horrible on most accounts. But I had already ordered and paid for an HD Stacker which will be here on Monday. Sadly they are calling for a 60% chance of rain/thunderstorms that day. But, I will be putting it up asap and I will post the read outs from it using the same exact direction and cabling. If it fails to be up to snuff it will be boxed up and shipped back. Then I will start saving towards your recommendation.

GroundUrMast, Thank You for the advice. That saved me the trouble as now I will not try and locate/dig down to the water line. I will also forget about the underside of the home. Rats, that would have been so much closer and easier. What gave me that idea is that I noticed that is how the Sat dish is grounded. Now I see that they were either to lazy to run a proper ground or to cheap.

So here is how I will be doing the grounding/bonding. Posting it here for it to be looked at to make sure I have understood everything.

1) TV antenna mast - at base of mast attach a grounding strap and run #8 bare or sheathed solid copper wire from grounding strap to grounding rod that I just drove.

2) RG6 Quad Coax - antenna lead out terminates in grounding block which is grounded with #8 bare or sheathed solid copper wire from ground block to grounding rod I just drove. (i understand that was second best option)

3) Grounding Rod I just drove - using #6 bare or sheathed solid copper wire run to original grounding rod that is on backside of home near the service panel. This is what "bonds" the two systems together. But if I have to run around the home it will be a very very long run with two 90 degree bends in the wire of approx 100'.

Is the above correct?

Thank You

Last edited by w1zofaz; 16-Aug-2014 at 1:37 PM.
w1zofaz is offline   Reply With Quote