View Single Post
Old 26-Apr-2013, 2:24 AM   #1
lvldco

Trouble with KUSA-9 in Northern Colorado

Hello,

TV signal locator report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda24883b2471

I am getting what appears to be some sort of interference on KUSA -9 in Northern Colorado. I installed a Clearstream 4 several weeks ago in my attic. I get crystal clear reception on all major channels and sometimes on channel 9.1. Randomly, the picture on channel 9.1 will pixilate and the sound quality drops out. It is so rough that it is unwatchable. As mysteriously as the signal goes bad it will go back to excellent.

I have installed an FM trap/ 36 dB UHF/VHF distribution amplifier. I was hoping that the FM trap would help but it does not appear to do anything (I have tired in on both "In" and "Out" and it doesn't seem to do anything. When I turn the amp all the way up it does improve the signal strength on my TV - without the amplifier I sometimes loose reception all together. When the signal is pixilating the signal strenght on my TV drops 40 points or so.

I am assuming I have the antenna located correctly as channel 4.1 and 7.1 are coming from the same tower with similar power levels and they look great and never have a problem. Is this a good assumption?

To make matters worse, we normally try and record 9.1 on our DVR. The DVR is much worse than the TV. The only thing that I have found to make it better on the DVR is to scan the channels in cable mode rather than Antenna. However, when I do this, I lose 4.1 and 7.1!!!

Another note is that we live near a small airport. Could this have to do with low flying aircraft or some kind of airport operations?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

lvldco
lvldco is offline   Reply With Quote