View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
kernow

Orlando area reception of WUSF Tampa

New here, so please be tolerant if I make a newby mistake in my post.

My situation is I have a DB4 mounted on a J-mount on the peak of my single story home in south west Orlando. I pointed the antenna toward the main cluster of Orlando stations approx. 70 degrees. I noticed that at certain times I was getting a PBS station from Tampa, WUSF 16 which is 34. I like the station very much so thought perhaps I could aim the antenna towards that station 230 degrees and probably pick up WUSF better as well as get my local Orlando stations from the back of the antenna.

So I proceeded to reposition the antenna, no improvement on WUSF, although I did get WMOR and WTOG. So i bought a CM7777 preamp and installed it, not a real improvement, perhaps a little.

So I dug out a rotor that I have had for years, hooked that up and proceeded to test. OK now I get WUSF with almost no dropouts, just when a low plane goes over I think. No here is the odd thing to me, I get best reception with the DB4 pointing 15 degress.

So my question is; why am I getting the best reception of WUSF with the antenna pointing 15 degrees instead of the expect 229 degrees? I assume it may be something related to the 2Edge type of reception.

My signal analysis is below.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...27ee07aff68654
kernow is offline   Reply With Quote