View Single Post
Old 29-Jan-2019, 6:32 PM   #5
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by t56281 View Post
I currently have a C2MAX connected to my living room tv (based on recommendations on a different thread) and am looking into getting another antenna for an outdoor tv I am installing. The C2Max works decently, but the signals to the stations I am most interested in are sometimes very weak or non-existent (WFLX Fox, WPBF ABC, WPTV NBC, and WPEC CBS). The CBS, Fox, and NBC are the ones I have the toughest time with. I am wondering if there is a better option for me than the C2MAX that would give me a more consistent signal to the four stations listed.
WFLX Fox and WPBF ABC are very strong on your report; you shouldn't have any trouble receiving them. Where is your C2MAX antenna located? Are there any trees in the signal path? Are you using a preamp?

WPTV NBC and WPEC CBS are weaker and on VHF-High channels. You might need an antenna that has more gain on channels 7-13 than the simple dipole for the C2MAX.

Another problem is that ABC is in a different direction than the other channels you want.

Last edited by rabbit73; 29-Jan-2019 at 6:40 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote