View Single Post
Old 16-Aug-2013, 10:58 PM   #56
Pete Higgins

NTE/ECG U-106 Rotor

tripelo,

I’m not sure that the programmable “digital display” 3-wire rotors employ two synchronous motors (one in the control and one on the mast).

From what I’ve been able to gather, the control unit has a counting or “timing ckt.” that calibrates itself to the time of travel from 360 deg. to 0 deg. My calibration procedure involves running the antenna motor full CW until it is at the end of its travel and the display reads 36 (360 deg.) and then pressing the “INITIAL” button.

When it gets really badly out of sync, I have to reset the control box several times to just get the array to point north. I’ve had the digital display read over 40 before reaching the CW end of the rotors travel. The control unit then returns the rotor CCW to 0 deg. to complete its calibration. If I run it back around CW the display shows 36 and the rotor is back to the end of its CW travel.

I do hear a slight hum whether the rotor is running or not and a relay click when the rotor starts or stops turning. I haven’t tried to take the control box apart to look for a separate motor but that sounds like a good indoor project on these 100 deg. days.
Pete Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote