View Single Post
Old 24-Jul-2010, 3:02 AM   #13
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumster View Post
Ok, I purchased the 91XG for $70 off amazon free shipping. This way if it dont work they will take it back. When you mean multipath are you talking about the towers being close? Because I took notice that 3 are on top of each other. Now I will sit back and wait. Thanks for the info!
The 91xg is a good antenna. You will have to assemble it though you can get help from Antennas Direct if need be. I've found their CS department to be very useful in times of need.

Multipath is created when the signal from a station bounces off objects such as large buildings, mountains or hills and trees. I think you are in PA which is a hilly and mountainous state. Thus, you will not have a very clean Line of Site path to your towers. 1 edge and 2 edge signals are being received indirectly from the tower via another path unlike a LOS or Line of Sight signal which has a straight path from the tower to the receiving antenna.

I'd also get a better pre amp. It is very possible that thing no longer works right and is actually causing you to lose signal. The 7777 should work fine.

Last edited by Billiam; 24-Jul-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote