View Single Post
Old 2-Jul-2017, 8:36 PM   #6
Jake V

What model "small directional antenna from Wal-Mart" are you using for testing? Some (like the little flat panel ones) have very little gain on VHF.

Your situation is a difficult one.

The best you can do is to experiment. Others will post, but if this were my plot I would likely try something like this:

For UHF channels I'd try an Antennas Direct DB-8e with one panel aimed northeast and one aimed southeast.

Your northeast channels come from about 60 degrees on a compass (WCCT-20/CW, WVIT-35/NBC, WFSB-33/CBS, WTIC-31/FOX) and your southeast channels come from 120 degrees (WCTX-39/MyN) and 192 degrees (WEDW-49/PBS). The DB-8e works best when aimed in two different directions if the directions are 90 degrees apart. So you'd have to experiment, and may have to aim at 45 degrees and 135 degrees.

If that doesn't get you the channels from both the NE and SE you can aim both panels at about 60 degrees.

Also, an amplifier might be useful.

For your VHF-HI channel (WTNH-10/ABC) I'd try a Stellar Labs (30-2476) MCM Part #30-2476 aimed at 120 degrees.

Antennas Direct has one of the best VHF/UHF Combiners. And if you need to amplify the UHF signal you can also try an amplifier (there are a few good options, but several not-so-good ones).

I hope others also post to give thier thoughts on this. There are other possibilities, including a large all-channel antenna and a rotor. But the downside of that is not being to use a DVR.

Last edited by Jake V; 2-Jul-2017 at 9:01 PM.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote