View Single Post
Old 9-Jan-2019, 5:47 PM   #9
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
I would probably consider a two-antenna solution, one for UHF and one for VHF-High. The UHF antenna would be an HDB91X because it has a narrow beamwidth to help reject KNIC when it is aimed at San Antonio and has a tilt feature that would allow you to tilt the front end of the antenna up.

The VHF antenna would be a Stellar Labs 30-2475
https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/...vhf/dp/48Y8141
I notice a significant difference between the signal level of KNIC calculated by tvfool.com and RabbitEars.info. Tvfool shows KNIC 48.3 dB stronger than FOX while RabbitEars says 32.3 dB. That makes it hard to determine if preamp overload would exist or not. I would doubt overload will occur with a Juice preamp.

The HD7694P is a pretty good VHF antenna. Probably similar to the Stellar Labs VHF antenna.

I’d try a preamp before a new antenna. If that doesn’t work I’d try an HD7698P as that has about 2 dB more gain on VHF than the 7694 plus has about 4 dB less reception at 25 degrees off axis on channel 18 as well as several more dB gain on UHF.

Another option is to find if another location or height works better with your existing antenna. ( read “siting the antenna” in hdtvprmer.com)

Last edited by Tower Guy; 9-Jan-2019 at 5:50 PM.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote