View Single Post
Old 11-Jul-2014, 5:17 PM   #7
tv454481

Red face

Thanks for the suggestions. I ran the new mediabridge RG6 direct from the out on the DB8E and into the Samsung TV and was able to pick up the same four I previously had. With both arrays pointed at roughly 350 degrees (I compassed it), I get those same four channels.

I tried to add the RCA preamp into the mix this time and that made both of the Hi-VHF channels (WSAW and WAOW) go away. I'm using the "Combined UHF/VHF" input on the RCA preamp and then the down lead goes to the power injector for the preamp which goes into the TV. Is that expected with the DB8e without a Hi-VHF antenna added onto it?

I ran the signal diagnostics on the TV and with the preamp both WHRM and WFXS have very strong signal when compared to a non-preamped version.

I tried pointing one array towards WEAU but there's a large maple tree that sits within 20' of the antenna to the west, which is the direction of WEAU, so I figured I might not be able to penetrate that obstruction. The path to the north is clear of obstruction.

So, where I'm at is unable to consistently get both the Hi-VHF and the UHF stations when I run it into any type of splitter, and no NBC anywhere. When running a channel scan, the TV sits at DTV 27 (the WJFW repeater) for a bit but moves on without tuning it.

I welcome any further suggestions and advice on what to try next. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.
tv454481 is offline   Reply With Quote