View Single Post
Old 24-Jun-2016, 9:53 PM   #1
Exchangegeek

Radio Interference from large Airport?

This is very low priority and I may be chasing a red herring but could the ATL Airport 15 miles away cause signal loss during peak traffic times?

Enclosed, please find my Signal chart and a map of the ATL airport with my path's represented from Antenna.org. You can see that my paths go DIRECTLY above the airport.

I am 29 miles from the antennas and the report shows me at 2Edge but I think I am LOS. Most of the time, I have 70-90% Signal Strength, 90-99% Signal Quality and 100% Symbol Quality, 60-80%. I have a newer DB8 in the attic with less than 10 feet of cable to the receiver. No amplification is used.

However, there are times during the evening and in the mornings on weekdays when the numbers intermittently drop to 40-60% in spurts and the stream starts to chop and fail. Some channels become unwatchable.

My antenna is dry-walled in (not a great decision I made a year ago) so I can't easily change anything out but I am wondering if there is really much I can do. I am happy overall with the reception and just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas.

Many thanks!

-Steve
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-Digital.png (67.0 KB, 655 views)
File Type: jpg airport.jpg (116.3 KB, 646 views)
Exchangegeek is offline   Reply With Quote