View Single Post
Old 19-Sep-2015, 8:43 PM   #5
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
In the signal analyzer it shows I should be able to get PBS 30 which I can't seem to receive.
Just because a channel is listed on your tvfool report doesn't mean that you SHOULD be able to receive it. The channels are listed in decreasing order of probability. The strongest at the top; the weakest at the bottom.

Your tvfool report tells me that you MIGHT be able to receive it if you use a high gain antenna and preamp, mounted high in the air, aimed in the right direction, with no trees or buildings in the way. The report doesn't take trees or buildings into consideration.

WPBA PBS real channel 21, virtual channel 30.1 is about 50 dB weaker than your strongest signal. Its signal path is listed as 2Edge, which means that the terrain will interfere with the signal on its way to your location. Your report shows that WPBA has co-channel interference from WHNS also on channel 21.

Your location is on the fringe of coverage for WPBA:

And there is terrain that blocks the signal:

In addition to those problems, you have a very strong local FM signal WSBB-FM on 95.5 MHz with a strength of -10.5 dBm which might cause a problem for your preamp. See attachment 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meazz12TVFcoverage.JPG (109.0 KB, 932 views)
File Type: jpg meazz12TVFprofile.JPG (119.4 KB, 898 views)
File Type: jpg meazz12TVF FM est.JPG (108.6 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 19-Sep-2015 at 8:50 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote