View Single Post
Old 22-Jul-2015, 2:44 AM   #1
Av8rix

Issue with Rovi reception -- Seattle metro area

I use WMC for my TV tuning. I cut the cord a while ago and only receive OTA. Well, today was the end (in my area) of Microsoft’s contract with zap2it. So I updated the guide to the new epg provider, Rovi . Bummer!!

Many problems – the WORST of which is as follows:
I’m in Everett. I had always received a good signal with ALL subchannels of KCTS (our main PBS channel). It’s transmitting from only 20 miles from my house and my rooftop OTA antenna is pointing straight at it. Today when I updated the epg to Rovi, all of a sudden I’m barely receiving a signal at all (one red bar) from subchannel 9.3. Not only that, but I receive the “no data available” message on ALL KCTS subchannels, including the main one, 9.1. The signal is strong from 9.1 and 9.2 but no programming data is available.

The strange thing is that I still have a great signal from ALL subchannels of the other local PBS station, KBTC. It’s CONSIDERABLY farther away, down in Tacoma. And the epg also is able to provide programming data for those channels.

I can live with the lack of programming data, since TV guides are available on the internet. However, can anyone offer any info on why I can’t receive the 9.3 subchannel. Again, there have been NO hardware changes (computer, television, antenna), just a change in the epg provider.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Don't put Descartes before des horse
Av8rix is offline   Reply With Quote