View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2015, 10:41 PM   #11
scott784

So if one is facing south and the other is east, does that suffice? Or when you say opposite directions, do you mean total opposite...as in south versus north?

On a different note, I did (briefly) try the C4 up in the attic last night (facing east). Unbelievably, WGHP was still pixelating...moreso than at a lower level in the house! And this was at night when it normally doesn't happen. Perhaps it was a dead space in the attic where I had the C4 temporarily placed? I didn't have time to continue experimenting with the physical location of the C4 due to it getting so late last night.

I'm going to try (one more time) trying to get the C4 facing east (and also physically placed in the east part of the attic). But it's tough b/c I've got so little space to work with up there. (It's not a full attic--but what there is of it has pretty good elevation--about 25 feet off the ground). The other location I can try placing the C4 up there might put it under 10 feet away from the DB8e. But I would still have the C4 facing east.

I must say, I find it ironic, that I don't have a bit of problem with the Charlotte stations (not a one of them) when using a long range antenna placed up high in the attic using the DB8e facing South to SW. They never pixelate or give me any problems whatsoever; and they are twice the distance away.

But the one offender I have is my local WGHP. It's not really bad, just tends to pixelate somewhat in the middle of the day. But that channel also happens to be my favorite channel for local news so I don't like it doing that at any time of the day.

I appreciate any other feedback on this issue....particularly my question here about the true meaning of opposite directions (as it relates to multipath) and whether or not the C4 facing east and the DB8e facing south might be sufficient to avoid multipath?

I am not going to fight this issue much longer, because the truth is.....I have very good results (overall) with other channels. But if I can clear up WGHP, I will give it one more try when I have time to get back up in the attic.

Last edited by scott784; 7-Nov-2015 at 10:52 PM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote