View Single Post
Old 6-Nov-2015, 1:56 AM   #1
scott784

Can I have two separate antennas in my attic?

I have a new DB8e (serving my out of market Charlotte stations to my SW) (up in my attic) and an older Clearstream 4 (serving my local Greensboro stations to my (E - SE) at a lower level in my home. These are both used to serve two separate TV/receivers. Just to be clear, these are entirely separate with their own dedicated coax lines; and I am not trying to combine them in any way.

With that said, I am thinking about relocating my Clearstream 4 up to the highest point in my attic (to maximize reception) on one local affiliate (WGHP) that is somewhat weak and occasionally pixelates during the day.

However, here's my concern. I've got very limited space in the attic; and I've already got a DB8e up there serving a separate TV. So here's the question, can I relocate my Clearstream 4 up to the attic without causing interference with the DB8e? Again, I am not trying to combine them in anyway. However, I am concerned about multipath interference if I physically relocate the Clearstream 4 in close proximately (about 10 feet away) from the DB8e in my attic.

Can anyone advise me about this? Note: I realize I could place a lower powered preamp on the Clearstream 4 (which might eliminate the occasional day time pixelation on WGHP), but I'd rather relocate the Clearstream 4 higher---if it's realistic to do this without multipath problems with the DB8e. The DB8E will continue to be pointed to the SW and the Clearstream 4 (if relocated) would continue to be pointed to the E to SE. I appreciate any feedback on this.
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-All.png (75.3 KB, 622 views)

Last edited by scott784; 6-Nov-2015 at 2:00 AM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote