Thread: clarksville, tn
View Single Post
Old 6-Aug-2011, 6:41 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

Quote:
i do not care about any vhf channel
WSMV-NBC (real channel 10), WNPT-PBS (real channel 8) and WBKO-ABC (real channel 13) are all broadcast on VHF. If you don't care to receive them at all, then the HD9095P is a very good choice. On the other hand, if one or more of those stations are desired, the HD7698P is a better choice.

Regarding an amplifier, the strong locals would be strong enough to worry about overload. If I proved a need for amplification of some of the weaker signals, I would only consider using a high input amp such as the CPA-19, HDP-269 or 10G201. I would certainly try running with no amplifier first.

The Denny Stacker has an emotional following based on anecdotal reports and reviews. Until I see credible modeling or field testing results in a form comparable to the reputable antenna manufactures, I won't recommend for or against it... The Stacker is an unknown quantity. I simply don't know what it will or wont do. @ $129 plus $25 Shipping, it's more expensive than the 7698. The Stacker claims to cover the FM band, which in your case may or may not matter, but it would increase the potential for trouble if you used amplification... strong FM signals and an amplifier will often generate interference that did not exist in the air.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 6-Aug-2011 at 7:04 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote