View Single Post
Old 29-Mar-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
mapliopl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
An antenna in the basement is at a great disadvantage. The signal levels shown on your report suggest an indoor antenna may work, you can add another section of coax to see if you can find a good location.

The cables left from the satellite installation should support over the air signals well. Some parts used in satellite systems look like ordinary splitters but will block OTA signals.

A roof mounted antenna will have the best results in almost all cases. Perhaps in this case the next best would be a wall mounted antenna on the north side of the house. Would you be able to run coax from the north side of the house back to the existing cables at the current satellite dish mount?
I can try and see if my current satellite cables will get me any or more channels than this hookup I have with the internal antenna.

If I do get my antenna onto the north side, I would have to see if I can actually run my coax all the way around the house from the north to the south side, it'd be quite a bit of cable, for sure. I certainly don't want to rewire the house, but use existing ones. I just know nothing about these splitters that might block my signals, so I have to figure that part out as well.
mapliopl is offline   Reply With Quote