View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-2020, 1:21 PM   #15
jrgagne99

Based on the RabbitEars report, I think that CBFT and CBMT are certainly possible if you are up for a challenge. The are sitting at -5 dB noise margin. For comparison, I reliably (99%+ of time) pull in WFFF on RF-16, which is -5 dB at my location. The trick is to find a sweet spot and use a high gain UHF antenna. I have a dB8e, but a cheaper alternative HDBX8 is also comparable, and HDB91X yagi is equally up to the task. If you go down this path, use a single 50' length or less of good (preferably new) RG-6, going to exactly one TV to start. Solve the reception problem on one TV before adding amplification and distribution equipment. And choose vendors with good return policies in case it doesn't work. When finding the sweet spot, keep in mind that moving the antenna a foot or two in any direction X, Y, and Z, can make a big difference for UHF. Also tweaking azimuth and adding a slight upward tilt can sometimes help. It helps to have two people: one on the roof tweaking the aim and one reporting signal quality. Use a TV with a decent signal quality metric. Sony Bravia has a good one. There are others. Good luck.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote