View Single Post
Old 18-Mar-2010, 1:29 AM   #19
rwilson1206

Thanks for the help Dave, I was just thinking its pretty generous of you to reply to everyone one of my posts. Appreciate it...

One other thing, then what is the difference between an amp and a pre-amp, how do I know if I am experiencing cable loss? Is an amp for when you add splitters into a system? And a pre-amp for cable runs? If I get little breakups here and there, is that due to cable loss?

Another thing, I dont know if I want to build my own antenna or not, not 100% interested, work full time, school part time... not that it will take that long once I do everything, but I was trying to find an old-school bowtie vhf antenna to buy. I can't find one. I can find a uhf bowtie, is that the same thing? Just put it in the vhf female end of the USVJ? Would an indoor dipole vhf antenna work, just mount it outside, I read in a post somewhere else that it works, Just keep the dipole perpendicular to the source.

FYI: I rescanned and picked up 2-1. Its CBS, which is the same as WOIO, and I get CBS youngstown too.

All and all I get 47 channels with the MANT, 20 of which are crappy, religious, pbs, wviz, fluff (IMOP). No diff than cable. : )
Thats why we do this right. Because we are cheap. I like no cable bill though, I also have netflix streaming through my xbox and my pc hooked up to my HDTV with an HDMI video card, so I can go to nbc.com, abc.com, etc., and watch streaming HD. Its basically a ghetto DVR.

I still want to do the bowtie though...

Last edited by rwilson1206; 18-Mar-2010 at 1:37 AM.
rwilson1206 is offline   Reply With Quote