View Single Post
Old 21-Jan-2012, 2:04 AM   #2
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
I'm getting tired of paying ATT and thinking about cutting the cable but I have some concerns that I would like addressed first.

I love my DVR and am wondering if there is a DVR that works with antennas, also would we need a dvr on each tv in the house or do any of them work like the uverse dvr, 1 box records and all the others connect to it to access the recordings?

We have 3 tvs at the moment and would like to continue to use them all, possible?

Netflix tie it?
The ChannelMaster CM7000 PAL dual tuner HD DVR is a strictly over-the-air DVR. It is compatible with TV Guide On Screen wherever it is available. TVGoS is available just about anywhere that you can receive either a PBS or CBS station. This DVR is out of production, but not been sold out everywhere. I would not worry about the fact that it is out of production. It is being replaced by the Channel Master TV CM 7400 HD DVR, a dual tuner ATSC/Clear QAM DVR that with either unscrambled cable or over-the-air. It also supports such Internet TV sites as VUDU, FaceBook, DailyMotion, and others. Unlike its older sibling, the CM7400 does not support TVGoS. ChannelMaster offers a subscription-based guide. The bottomline is that the older CM7000 PAL required that you pay the purchase price and nothing else, whereas the CMT7400 has a higher purchase price. You are not required to subscribe to the guide, but the DVR will give a better experience if you do. Boo-hiss. As of this writing, the CM7400 is still on pre-order.

The Brite View BV-980H HD DVR has a price half that of the CM7400, but appears to be much less than half as good. It is also has a ATSC/Clear QAM tuner.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote