View Single Post
Old 1-Feb-2015, 12:46 AM   #8
kojo

thanks for the info GroundUrMast. I did read that in my research and I m starting to understand it. I m new to this world of radio waves and things but it has been fun learn about them. I thought I read however that the DB8 could pick up Real 7 and 8, some of the higher VHF signals? thats one thing that is confusing to be about Jason l's set up. He is picking up both VHF and UHF signals thru a DIY DB8, it sounds like. He is just south of me 5+ miles or so.

At any rate, this turned into a long day. the good news- I was able to get NBC so that I can watch the Superbowl tomorrow. The bad news- I was not able to add CW yet.

I tried the DB8 in place of the C5 with the C2 (which GroundUrMast has reminded me was a bad idea.) I lost WOOD with that set up. I tryed the DB8 on its own for both VHF and UHF and it really didnt seem to help.

I put the C5 back up with the C2 for UHF pointed north east. The C5 for VHF pointed South East. I m getting WOOD (real 7) with the C5 at a constant 50% according to my TV. I didnt lose Real 9 to the north of my, which is good. So I still have CBS.

After tomorrow, my focus will be on trying to get Real 8 WMMT, which is CBS and CW. Its about 3.5 miles further away then WOOD. WOOD is 1.5NM and WMMT is -0.7NM according to my TVFR.

So the Y10713 has a further reach then the C5 for VHF? Is that the AntennaCraft 10-Element Channels 7-13 Yagi Antenna? I cant find too many specs on it as far as gain. I might have to order it on Monday and give it a try, whats one more antenna to have around the house?
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote