View Single Post
Old 31-Jan-2015, 7:18 PM   #6
Jason l

I had poor luck getting vhf rc channel 8 with my eight Bay that had 9 1/2 inch whiskers and my 9" whiskers The 10 inch whiskers however get real channel 8 with no hiccups that is with a reflector I think it's 40 inch wide reflector I made. My reflector is 4 inches behind whiskers. yes I've had them side to side instead of vertical stacked but I had less channels in one spot I had to aim the antenna to get different channels. So I'm unfamiliar with the DB8 you have if the whiskers are large over 9 inches and reflector is around 4 inches away from the whiskers there's a chance you may get real channel 8. If the whiskers are 10 inches and the reflector within 3 to 4 inches away I would say yes for sure if you are now picking up real channel 7 with what you got. Only one way to really find out hook it up and see I usually stand on my second story deck to test my antennas before I mount them. And in my yard it works well I get all my channels on my deck and some of them get stronger when I mount the antenna higher. Good luck!
Jason l is offline   Reply With Quote