View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2023, 11:41 PM   #1
rwilson1206

Antenna recommendation help

Hi, I posted to this forum before about 13 years ago and needed help with an antenna recommendation at my house in North Canton Ohio, ZIP code 44720. The recommendation was to get a VHF antenna pointed north to Cleveland, Ohio and a UHF antenna pointed east to Youngstown, Ohio, then combine the signals. I was very pleased with the recommendation and it worked out well. In my new house which is also in North Canton, Ohio I have a similar mounting height, plus or minus 30 ft on a chimney, similar to the old mounting height I had at my old house on a 30 ft Rhon tower. I recently reached out to Channel Master and they recommended a VHF pro model antenna with a UHF extension and preamplifier, and they did not recommend combining signals at first, and when I inquired about it they said it could be tricky. I know that many channels I believe switched to the 5G spectrum, so 13 years later I just wanted the latest and greatest recommendation to try to capture channels from both the north and east of my location, or perhaps just capturing channels to the north is the way to go. Any advice is appreciated with specific antenna models, combiner models, amplifier models, chimney mounts, etc.

Thanks alot in advance
rwilson1206 is offline   Reply With Quote