View Single Post
Old 31-Jul-2013, 2:16 AM   #1
vpriddy

Lightbulb Antenna Recommendations?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aee8e1a25b9b

Most of the channels available in my area come in fairly well with a turnstile bowtie antenna that I made, currently mounted about 13 feet AGL. There is only one channel, PBS, that I do not get reception on and would very much like to. It is also very important that I be able to continue to receive ION, which is the only station that is not located on the same path as the rest of the stations.

What are my best options for picking up PBS? Would adding another antenna, such as a LPDA, be the best way to go? And if so, what would be the best way to combine the signals? Or is there another way to achieve this without having to combine two antennas or using a rotor? If I have to use two antennas, would I be better off leaving the turnstile bowtie up or going with a regular, one-direction bowtie aimed at the ION transmitter?

Thanks in advance for any help on this. I am very new to building and understanding antennas and all things associated with it. I have attached a picture of the turnstile antenna that I am currently using so there is not confusion on it, as I may not even be calling it by the right name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turnstile Antenna resized.jpg (171.3 KB, 1282 views)
vpriddy is offline   Reply With Quote