View Single Post
Old 19-Jan-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
StephanieS

Hi Bob,

Your question about KGO TV's lack of virtual channel in your report on real channel 35 from Mount Allison I would chalk up to just to a TVfool database issue. Rabbitears identifies RF 35 as a fill in signal or translator as GUM pointed out specifically targeting San Jose. Thus, there will be no difference between real channel 7 and what you see on real channel 35. Virtual channels will be the same from a viewer standpoint.

RE: Attic installation. Anything you want from Sutro will not be received with an attic antenna (CBS, ION, PBS). As a general rule red shaded signals and attics don't mix. Those signals are just too weak to penetrate the solid materials of your roof.

You'll have to go with a strong system. GUM's suggestion of the two antenna system is the one I'd favor. I might lean more towards an Antennas Direct DB8 instead of the 91xg in this case. The Y10-7-13 would be excellent for NBC.

You'd need then a combiner, the Antenna's Direct EU385CF has a good reputation.

Of note, KQED PBS, is available on KQEH RF 50 as digital sub-channel 54.2 in standard definition if Sutro reception proves unreliable.

I would expect with the DB8/Y10-7-13 combo, you would have a good chance at reliability for signals down to about ION/KQED level of signal strength.

Best of Luck!
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote