View Single Post
Old 26-Jul-2011, 12:08 AM   #6
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
.... WTVF-DR 25 is also in the tvfool list , this transmitter was not built because the channel 50 transmitter was built instead.

This is not accurate. The UHF-50 transmitter was fired up two years ago as a translator with an STA to operate at 100K ERP to help with the dismal channel 5 indoor reception that was discovered post-transition. Recently, WTVF has applied for and received permission to construct a 1,000 KW UHF 25 plant to replace the UHF 50 and the VHF-5 signal. I haven't talked to the CE down there for a few months, but last I heard, they were hoping to get it built this year. Once the UHF 25 facility is completed, a 2-69 antenna is unneeded.

Quote:
I'm having a hell of a time getting CBS/NBC to come in.
Your NBC station is on a high-VHF allotment as is your closer PBS station. You'll likely have to add a high-VHF antenna to get them reliably.

I also suspect that your TVFool plot isn't telling us the whole story about your terminal terrain. Sometimes, the local conditions make the plots over-optimistic. If you were to get the 91XG out of the building's envelope, you will likely find that reception reliability improves substantially.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote