View Single Post
Old 22-Mar-2010, 1:33 AM   #3
bjlIV

re: Help with Reception problem - existing setup

thanx for the reply. At this time, I am not interested in replacing my setup to get the one channel I am missing. The questions posed where for my existing setup, not recommendations for a new setup. I am aware that I am in mountains, and the problem they cause. As i stated, a friend of mine has the ms2000 mounted in her attic, and is down hill from the tower I am trying to reach. My house is directly in line between her and the source, and she is about 50-70' lower in elevation. I am trying to understand why she can receive 5.1, but I can't, and why 51.1 i lose signal or have weak signal, and she doesn't. Thats why i asked about the cable i resused, the power, the height, and any other things that might make a difference in my setup.

If it can't be resolved, I am fine with what I have.

I might would add a second antenna if it would give me better signal on 51,1 and a good signal on 5.1. I do not however, want to add a rotor at this point. The High VHF recommended (YA-171) would do nothing extra for me, as I already pickup the available VHF digital station(13.1), the others are either duplicates or nonfactors(i.e. KJBW as I already get KPBI).

I do appreciate the reply, its just not what i was looking for, even if that is a "nothing, you are just screwed" that is fine. I am just hoping that others who are much more educated might have some ideas that I may have over looked, or not know about.
bjlIV is offline   Reply With Quote