View Single Post
Old 17-Mar-2010, 4:20 PM   #13
rwilson1206

Ok, thats what I'll do, should I get two preamps and a USVJ or just a USVJ? Dont know how to make a bowtie, I'm sure its simple, should I research it and do it myself, or just buy one, if I should buy one, can you suggest one for me? Upon looking it up, I think I would rather buy one, I was initially thinking of a coat hanger type deal, but it looks a little more involved than that.

I thought about it some more, what if I utililized the single bay uhf at the top of the tower and combined it to the MANT940, with amps on each one before I combine them (do they make a uhf/uhf combiner?).

Then mount the new bowtie antenna between the two (5' o.c. for each), and combine them all with a USVJ.

Would this work? Should I get any pre-amps?

Attached is a diagram of what I am talking about...

One other thing, if I wanted to in the future, would it be wise to replace my MANT with a 4221? I can see the 4221 has better specs, but its not omnidirectional like the MANT? Keep in mind my MANT is in the horizontal position and pointed at 330 degrees, and yet I am recieving youngstown stations. Will the 4221 pointed at the 330 degree position outperform the MANT and recieve youngstown stations?

Thanks, and we are nearing the end of my posts. Sorry to be a bother... I will post my results once I hook my new stuff up. I am just waiting on the final answers from you and I will buy everything ASAP. Where is the best place to buy? solidsignal.com? any others?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Setup.pdf (21.1 KB, 895 views)

Last edited by rwilson1206; 17-Mar-2010 at 5:14 PM.
rwilson1206 is offline   Reply With Quote