View Single Post
Old 22-Feb-2011, 7:27 PM   #14
GroundUrMast

It appears you are located in SW Maine, among rolling hills. The prediction models used by TV Fool are good but 'your mileage may vary'. The 'virtual channel' listed on your report is of little interest, the 'real channel' is what matters when choosing a UHF versus a High or Low Band VHF.

In your OP, you say the NM (noise margin) for channel 23 is -8.2 dB. The TVF report you posted indicates -17.0 dB. There is also a discrepancy of 4 tenths of a mile. All that says is, you will very likely get more signal if you can some how raise the height of the antenna or perhaps, move the antenna elsewhere on your property.

If I were building a new antenna system, I would go with an Antennasdirect XG-91 stacked over an Antennacraft Y10713. If I thought the programing on CH 3 was of interest (it appears to be a PBS translator station, a duplicate of WCBB) I would also add an Antennacraft Y526 which would be mounted with a fixed aim at 40° Mag. The other two antennas would be on a rotator. The two VHF antennas would combine via a HLSJ then into the VHF port of an Antennacraft 10G221 preamplifier. The XG-91 would connect to the UHF port of the preamp.

All of that subject to a TVF report that I could rely on.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 22-Feb-2011 at 7:36 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote