View Single Post
Old 28-Mar-2017, 11:45 PM   #1
OTAfreetv

Help needed, time to upgrade antennas

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a47235b0fe18 My TV Fool Report

The antennas I now use are decades old, so they won't favor the new rebanding. They have worked pretty well in recent years but I feel that I can get better signals by making changes. I have one decades old RadioShack vhf/uhf yagi pointing to NYC. Another uhf yagi is on a rotator to catch stations in Philly and wherever I choose to turn the antenna.

I want to continue using a two antenna system since the uhf antenna is light and offers very little wind resistance, that allows me to mount it higher with less concern of it being toppled by the wind. Most of the stations it is used for are channel 12 and up, South to North. I can get channels 3 and 10 out of Philly very well now with this antenna.

As for the NYC antenna, channels 2-13 come in quite strong, vhf or uhf. I used to get ch21 WLIW out of Long island but since I've lowered the antenna this has become an issue. But as large as the antenna is, I feel a lot safer going top side with it where it is now mounted rather than using a taller pole again.

What might be a good choice to replace the uhf yagi pointing to Philly on the rotator? All things considered, can I also replace the larger old vhf/uhf which is aimed at NYC, with a uhf antenna and still get good reception on the lower NYC channels? A smaller antenna would allow me to mount it higher but I won't be using a rotator, I'll just just compromise as to which direction to point it for the best overall reception on NYC stations.

Thanks for your reply.
OTAfreetv is offline   Reply With Quote