View Single Post
Old 1-Mar-2016, 3:26 AM   #11
shoman94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackit7 View Post
Thanks Shoman94, this is a lot of useful information. I appreciate the time and effort in your response. I have found so many postings on this forum that were really useful.

One clarification, when I referred to the Long Island stations, specifically I was thinking of WLIW 21 which is at 206 degrees(magnetic) which I am seeing as a delta of 39 degrees from the NYC stations at 245 degrees. Is the thinking that I would aim at 245 or would I cheat toward 240 or 235? I am not asking for an absolute, understanding every installation is different, just looking for the approach and logic. This was the basis of my question about the Db4e.

Lastly, is the below FM trap recommended? Does this get installed before the pre-amp (e.g. Juice) or after?

https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...on_filter.html
WLIW is a fairly strong station and should really be picked up by the side lobe beams coming from the antenna. Plus you have adjustability that you can trial and error with that changes the effect as shown in the data sheet for the DB8e. I would say you'll likely aim it 245ish.
That is one of the trails. There are a few and they all attenuate a little differently so it would depend on the gradient of the station. I'm currently on my phone so I don't have the time to search around the threads for it now. If you don't have any luck I should be able to tomorrow sometime. I have 2 FM filters on my setup and I still think it's an issue so tonight I just ordered an FM splitter which will remove all frequencies below channel 7 and not just attenuate the signals.
shoman94 is offline   Reply With Quote