Thread: Antenna options
View Single Post
Old 13-Apr-2015, 1:23 PM   #1
sl1982

Antenna options

Hello folks.

Just recently I have been trying to cut the cord. The last thing i need to be able to get rid of my satellite is some sort of live football. So one day i came across the idea of getting an antenna and picking up some of the stations out of detroit/toledo. So in my search i came across the mohu sky 60 that should in theory be able to get these stations (approx 55 miles away).

Here is the tvfool report http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0f041179fff

I figure the best i can do is on the roof mounting. So maybe 25 feet? What would you guys suggest? The db8e also looks promising. Also I am only really concerned with NBC FOX CBS and ABC. Anything else would be a bonus.

Also where would you suggest i mount the antenna? Here are a couple pictures of my house. I have a tree in my backyard and my neighbor does too. The direction i need to point is approximately between the two trees. Also my house has aluminum siding if that makes any difference.

Here are a few pictures.

My roof

Between the two houses

Render of my house

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. When coming up with this idea it seemed pretty easy until i started researching. Made me realize i dont know nearly enough and to find the advice of people that do.
sl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote