View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2015, 11:00 PM   #9
ota@snoqualmie

I got a Samsung Digital HDTV Receiver, model DTB-H260F. Attached to antenna, coax and HDMI input to plasma DTV.

No joy.

When it scanned for channels it paused at both 9 (KCTS) and 13 (KCPQ) but neither were stored. Despite using a high band VHF antenna most if not all the LOS UHF channels were detected and stored.

The signal meter showed an occasional single bar when I manually selected ch 9. For reference ch 33.3 had two solid bars and ch 6, an unused channel, showed no bars. Ch 13 also showed an occasional single bar.

During this test I had a helper and swung the antenna around. No other position showed more than the occasional single bar. I even spun it around 180 just to make sure I had it pointed in the correct direction. My original setup of 269 was the best.

Tilting the mast didn't help either.

That the signal meter shows an occasional bar tells me there's some signal in the air, just not enough. Hence my original question regarding a second YA-1713 antenna.

Quote:
I'd suggest giving them a call and seeing if they can offer assistance with their product
I sent an email to Winegard 2-3 hours. Referenced my TV Fool signal profile and this thread. I asked them to comment on the possibility of a defective antenna. I'll let you know what they respond with.

Thanks all. I'll post again when I have something else to comment on.
ota@snoqualmie is offline   Reply With Quote