View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Ben Myers
KD3WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ota@snoqualmie View Post
I ran a test to ensure the tuner on the plasma tv was working during which I used a UHF antenna to receive the channels that are LOS (33.x, 42.1 and 46.x). Since these are LOS I figured this was a good way to test the tv tuner. Now when I try to get 13.1 there's the antenna (YA-1713), coax, plasma tv and nothing else.

Good idea and to confirm I just ran another test. During the scan it specifically states "Now scanning for digital channels". The end result is still no KCPQ-DT or KCTS-DT.

The specs for the plasma can be found here

I'm looking for a used but newer (>=2010) HDTV on craigslist. I suppose it's possible the VHF tuner on my present plasma isn't the best but I think it more likely the analysis provided by TV Fool needs a calibration. That I've yet to see a roof top antenna on the hundreds of homes in this area would seem to confirm this.

I'll update this thread when I have something to comment on.

Thanks all
The plasma television you are using has a built-in signal strength meter and seems to have the ability to add channels manually. Page 30 in the English users manual.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...s&support#tabs

Tune the television to channel 9.1, enable the signal strength meter, aim the antenna toward the west and see what you get. It may be helpful to get someone to watch the television while you are aiming the antenna.

Last edited by Ben Myers; 14-Jan-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Ben Myers is offline   Reply With Quote