View Single Post
Old 26-Dec-2014, 3:27 PM   #6
jsc3iii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Not very far, the combining is pretty efficient.
Excellent news!

Quote:
Put whichever one provides the best results on top. Traditionally, the UHF antenna gets put on top, but that's never set in stone.
It just seems easier to mount the yagi on top of big multi-bay, but I'll probably do whatever results in the most gain.

Quote:
Keep in mind that big antennas are going to need a very robust rotor.
Any recommendations for the rotor?

Quote:
Since you already have the CPA19. The PA18's noise figure would give you less than a dB of advantage in system noise figure so I'd suggest sticking with the CPA19 for your initial tests.
Works for me. If I get down to fighting for every last dB I will worry about a different amp.

Quote:
Antennacraft and RCA are your only current model choices. You might find a discontinued Winegard or Channel Master on ebay if you're patient enough to wait for one to come along. In reality, using an external UVSJ of good quality with a low noise single input pre-amp usually won't make much of a difference in the system noise figures.
I have an overpriced Rat Shack UVSJ that a long-winded discussion I found on the Internet indicates is comparable to the Pico Macom everybody likes, so I will be using that.
jsc3iii is offline   Reply With Quote