View Single Post
Old 26-Dec-2014, 6:20 AM   #1
HvilleArea1

Antenna Help - Hendersonville TN

Hello,

I use an indoor antenna and receive some of the nearby stations but not all. I'm wondering if an attic antenna would be a good upgrade, and if so what equipment and setup would you recommend?

My home is a two story townhome, vinyl sided, asphalt shingle roofed, with a decent amount of space available in the attic to hang an antenna. My front door faces roughly southwest, and I have adjoining townhomes on my left and right as oriented from this front door (so additional attic obstruction on either side). I have no obstructions facing out from my back door which faces roughly northeast.

With my current RCA ANT1650R digital indoor flat antenna I can consistently get CBS (WTVF), ABC (WKRN), MyN (WUXP, 30.1), ION (WNPX, 28.1), and WJFB (44.1 [reads 66.1 on map]).

I can sometimes get FOX (WZTV). I can never get two stations of interest : NBC (WSMV) and PBS (WNPT, 8.1).

I have used two different RCA indoor flat antennae, ANT1500 (non-amplified) and ANT1650R (amplified). I do have to rotate them to get specific stations. I have never been able to receive WNPT.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c158eba4e2038

The house is wired for cable TV, I'd love to disconnect the home from the cable company's network and connect use the existing cabling if possible. From the attic, I'd want to drive three tvs on the first and second floors, and an additional tv in the basement if possible (3 stories below the attic).

If an attic antenna a good option for my townhome environment? If so, which antenna and amplifier would you recommend? Is it possible to get an attic antenna that would handle the range of degrees the reception would arrive from without requiring rotating?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by HvilleArea1; 26-Dec-2014 at 6:23 AM. Reason: Added link to tvfool map
HvilleArea1 is offline   Reply With Quote