View Single Post
Old 9-Nov-2014, 4:48 PM   #1
sparko

Not sure if an amplifier would help

Hello:

I recently set up an antenna for my mom. It's the Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream 2V UHF/VHF. It's in the attic, about 20 ft or so above the ground. She is located up on a hill and gets pretty good reception as is. The signal is split to two different tvs. One cable run is less than 15ft. The other is closer to 50ft. The reception on both tvs seems to be the same, regardless of the cable lengths.

The signal analysis report is here:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d24375e0f630f4

We are in Connecticut and I have the antenna pointing generally towards the New York city area (around 230 degrees). Channel 11 (WPIX) comes and goes as does channel 7 (WABC), but is a little more reliable than 11. She would love to get channel 21 (WLIW) but I have had no luck with that.

I've tried just turning the antenna a bit to get 11 and 7 in better with no luck. We have found, though, when someone is near the antenna, 11 and 7 both come in much better.

I was wondering if it would be worth adding an amplifier to her set up. Would it lock in channels 11 & 7 and maybe even pull in channel 21 along with some others? Since she gets pretty good reception otherwise, would adding an amplifier cause more problems with over amplification?

Any advice would be appreciated. If an amplifier is recommended, can you suggest a make and model? Thanks.

Patti
sparko is offline   Reply With Quote