View Single Post
Old 27-Jun-2014, 7:52 AM   #2
StephanieS

Hello Cumak,

I am an owner of a 91XG myself. I am 16 miles distant and pointing away from my nearest stations (major full power affiliates). I consider myself lucky at being able to run the 91XG. The 91XG's gain if pointed at nearby strong signals can actually put you into overload, which means your TV reception will be erratic. Too much signal coming down the lead.

Can you mount outside? If you can do this there are more appropriate antennas for your signal strength and pathway realities.

The 91XG itself is built for weak and/or distant signals in one specific heading. A suburban usage with 45db signals in a 2-edge situation isn't a configuration I'd put that antenna into.

It sounds like to me you have a great deal of signal bouncing around and hitting the 91XG from all sides. It has the effect of cancelling out and destablizing reception. Attics are known for this.

Get your system out of the attic and put a Antennas Direct DB4e on your roof with a clear line of visibility to magnetic 166.

If you want to have a little more fun and pick up a couple Providence stations, add a Antennacraft Y10713 to your outside installation and orientate to magnetic 187. Use a UHF/VHF combiner to consolidate both antennas into one lead. UHF lead is from DB4e, VHF lead is from Y10713. Run single lead down into home.

This would give you Boston and the two Providence VHFs (CBS and Fox).

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote