View Single Post
Old 9-Feb-2014, 8:26 PM   #2
StephanieS

Hi K-Rock,

I am confused. You don't have room in your attic and don't want to install an antenna on your roof, but you aren't opposed to it?

Normally, for best chances of reception is an outdoor mounted antenna.

Please clarify what mounting situation you would prefer, then I can make some headway.

Be prepared with an outdoor antenna, ION may not be doable. You have a mix of very strong to trending weak terrain obstructed signals. Normally for signals like ION's we suggest stronger gain antennas. However, with the strong signals from magnetic 215, a higher gain system isn't an option. If you installed that higher gain system, the very strong signals could overload your TV tuner. In essence, making it "blind" and losing reception either partially or completely. This happens when it is getting too much signal.

My recommended system would be limited to your extremely strong signals at magnetic 215. You don't want a strong, high gain antenna. I would focus on your locals and trying for RF 8 with an Antennacraft HBU11. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...ntenna-(hbu11). Orientate to about magnetic 160- 180. Play in that range to see what you receive.

Further, this antenna is small so it can be rather non-obstrusive. The HBU11K option (also sold by solid signal) includes a J-pole for mounting. I would mount it on your roof with the best path to magnetic 160 to 180.

The upshot of this writing though is that a high gain system for ION is probably a non starter due to very strong signals at magnetic 215. RF 8 you have a chance at. RF 22 is way off axis of everything else and may or may not be received. Luckily is has a decent signal so it may be received.

You'll just have to get something in the air, see what you get. But, realistically ION is off the table. The best chance of your non-magnetic 215 signals is going to be RF 8.

Best of luck.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote