View Single Post
Old 29-Nov-2013, 7:47 PM   #1
fivehokies

Question Western Kentucky / Evansville, IN reception help

Here is my TVfool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d46ae2e34cdbe07
(I live on a fairly sizeable hill which I think would help with reception.)

I recently cut the cord with DirecTV. I installed an RCA ANT751 to pick up the local stations. I live in Owensboro (Western Kentucky) and are primarily trying to pick up the network stations from Evansville, IN. I can pick up all the stations except for ABC (25.1) which is the furthest station away at 29.6 miles. I do not have any filters or amplifiers installed on my line. I've double checked the alignment of the antenna twice with both a conventional compass as well as a digital compass on my tablet. Even with the antenna pointing at the ABC station, I cannot get a good reception. According to my TV's signal strength indicator, it is coming in at ~60% strength. It is totally pixilated and unwatchable. The other stations come in clearly without issue.

The other odd thing that I will mention... When I first installed the antenna two weeks ago, I was able to pick up ABC (it had some minor pixelation but was watchable). Once the weather turned cold, I have not been able to get a better picture again.

What would a logical next step be in trying to pick up ABC? Should I try an amplifier or should I try a different antenna (if so, what would you recommend)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve
fivehokies is offline   Reply With Quote