View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-2013, 8:26 PM   #11
tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
If you have a chimney , here are chimney antenna mounts.
I have a chimney, but it's on the opposite end of the house, and would put all of the vectors right into an even larger line of blue spruces, then the neighbor's huge sugar maples, to the south of the one tree shown at the fence line. It's a solid wall of very large trees just behind that fence.

Where I've shown it is the only location that has a clear shot beyond my property line, although I could move it to the ridge (red centerline), but I can't mount it to the roof. Maybe next house.

So it looks like the DB4e or CM4228HD would be the way to go. Maybe I'll try the DB4e, aimed at the single far station (250 deg), and augment with the Y5713 if the two VHF stations to the west are too weak. It's the cheapest way to get started at least.

I'm getting all but that farthest one (UHF) now with a tiny bowtie just dangling from the bottom of the TV, including the two H-VHF stations, so hopefully the UHF array will get enough to receive them without augmentation, but if that's not the case, the second antenna is cheap enough.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Very confusing stuff.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote