View Single Post
Old 6-Oct-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
cc362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Ah, Springfield, MO. I'm very familiar with the area and its requirements, but I didn't catch that earlier.

Yes, they have a very unique transmitter arrangement. I sat in on a meeting with their Chief Engineer and my boss a while back to discuss what could be done with their DTS.

You appear to be in a valley near Ozark. You have two opportunities for KBRK. They have a tower at Sunshine and 65 but I suspect it is uphill from your location. The other is KWBM in the direction of Bull Shoals.

The CC7780 is a thirty year old design that's basically nothing more than a two-way splitter. Don't waste time on it. You can pick up simple two-way splitter from Lowes or HD made by Ideal that will run circles around the CC7780.

As a preliminary test, can you aim the DB8 directly at either candidate transmitter and pick up its signal? That will tell lot about whether the SR15 project is going to be useful.
I have a 2 way splitter left over from some past configuration that I'll try first. Printed on it is "2-WAY SPLITTER, 2-2150 MHz" . On the input it has "DC power pass".

I am up a bit, on the side of the hill, and not all the way down in the valley, so I'm hoping that will help.

At this time, I don't want to go up on the roof. I'm waiting on the new antenna first.

About a year and a half ago, while cleaning rain gutters, my ladder slid out from under me. I broke both ankles and have some hardware in my left one as a reminder. So, I'm a little leery about going up there. I'm hoping to do all my testing, trouble shooting and install in one trip.....if I can get my wife to do the scanning down below.

Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited by cc362; 6-Oct-2013 at 12:20 PM.
cc362 is offline   Reply With Quote