View Single Post
Old 10-Jul-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Removing the reflector so that only the reception element remains will Increase the beam width to a Very Wide Beam Width.
Adding directors or placing multiple elements in a horizontal array will narrow the horizontal beamwidth. Reflectors increase forward gain by suppressing the rear lobe.

Quote:
With the reflector screens removed , the CS4 ,,,,, is Bi Directional.
Absolutely correct.

Quote:
With the reflector screens removed , the CS4 has Very Wide Beam Widths a.....
This is incorrect. The reflector on a panel-style antenna,whether loops or bowties, has little effect on the horizontal beamwidth of the antenna's main forward lobe.

In any event, trying to pick up signals from 45° off boresight with an antenna that exhibits a horizontal beamwidth of less than 45° won't work unless you happen have a side-lobe that lines up with the signal path on the frequencies of interest.

I don't have polar plots of the C4 sans reflectors, but I do have ones of a single tapered loop with and without reflectors that exhibit the behavior I described. I've also located some plots of a commercial 8-bay with and without reflectors that also exhibit the expected behavior.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote