View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2013, 2:12 PM   #1
toadcat

Help choose antenna for attic

We just built a new house and want to go with OTA tv instead of satellite for now. Here is my set up.

I have 5 home runs of quad shield going from the attic to a data closet. 1 for antenna the other 4 for satellite if we decide to go that route. From that closet I have 12 more quad shield home runs going to various spots in the house for tv connections.

I plan on hooking everything up like this. Antenna-amplifier-joint-8 connection splitter (if possible). The run from the antenna to splitter is about 50-60 feet IF I have to add the joint and place the antenna close the the gable wall. If I don't need the antenna close to the outside gable wall then the run from antenna to splitter will be around 30 feet. The longest run from splitter will be around 40-50 feet.

Here is what I would like recommendations on.

Antenna in attic. The sheathing on the roof has thermal foil on the back. I hope that won't interfere with the signals. The direction the antenna will point will not be through the sheathing but through the siding which is James Hardie concrete siding. Should I place the antenna close to the gable or several feet away from it?

Amplifier as the longest run from the antenna will be around 100 feet.

8 connection splitter. There will be 6 connections now and when I finish the basement there will be 2 more connections.

Here is my TV Signal Analysis.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0559697d58d120

I appreciate any and all information.

I would like to keep the antenna in the attic but if the signals don't come through then I will place on the roof.

Thanks,
JW
toadcat is offline   Reply With Quote