Thread: Setup Help
View Single Post
Old 19-Feb-2013, 2:12 AM   #19
BobHaskett

Quote:
Originally Posted by No static at all View Post
They are about the same on UHF, but the 7694 is better on VHF than the C2V. The C2v should work fine if mounted outside.
Thanks. So my last question is what would be the best configuration. I have 2 options.

Option 1

The best place I have found with optimal LOS at 16 degrees for the reception of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX is about 3 feet from an attic vent. I can install the C2V, run the RG6 in to the attic vent utilizing about 10 feet of cable, then install a preamp (the Winegard AP8275 was suggested above). From there, I would need to run about 5 feet of RG6 to a 3-Way Splitter. One of the outputs would go to the bonus room (15 feet), one would go to the bedroom upstairs (25 feet), and one would go to the crawl space (50 feet) joining to another splitter. In the crawl space I would need to install a 4-Way splitter. One output would go to the deck (25 feet), one would go to the living room (15 feet), one would go to the bedroom (15 feet), and one would go to the kitchen (25 feet). The reason being, is all the cable from my existing satellite comes in to the crawl space. Would I need the preamp AND a distribution amp?

Option 2

Option two requires a longer run from the antenna to the preamp, but only one splitter. I would run the RG6 from the antenna, down the front of the roof (is running RG6 on the Roof not tied down OK?). It would then run down a gutter, in to the crawl space. The total run from the antenna to the preamp location would be about 50 feet. Then from the preamp I could connect a 6 way splitter and feed all lines in the house. Would I need a preamp and a distribution amp?
BobHaskett is offline   Reply With Quote