View Single Post
Old 12-Dec-2012, 4:07 PM   #5
tomgerhard

Inside would be easy but isn't the amplifier supposed to be mounted as close to the antenna as possible to boost the signal before any long cable loss? The one I have now is mounted to the antenna mast with just a 3 ft cable from antenna to amplifier.

I was thinking maybe I can just wrap the whole thing with rescue tape (http://www.amazon.com/RESCUE-Self-Fu...ds=rescue+tape) and seal it up like that.

This morning the channel was completely gone again although it seemed stable for the last week. It seems to depend on weather or something a lot. It just shows I don't have enough margin for a solid reception at all times.

I was wondering if you have any input on if it would help to wrap the 91xg's back reflector with aluminum foil to make the blockage from the back better? I don't understand enough about antennas to know if that would help or not or even make it worse. My thinking is, more metal (all wrapped in foil rather then just the mesh) -> more blockage, but it might not be as easy as this (they probably would build the reflectors like that in the first place then I guess).
tomgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote