View Single Post
Old 26-Sep-2012, 7:37 PM   #1
Name141

Question Pittsburg, Texas: KLTV - fine , Fox 51 - if it don't rain , CBS19 - 3-4 mins at night

So I put up a mini yagi ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Suburb...-Mast/10828410 ) and can only get KLTV 100% , KFXK (Fox 51) when there isn't rain and a clear day, and KETK comes in but only at 64-75 and usually isn't stable enough to watch.

I was tired of seeing locals in SD, and didn't want a 2 year contract with DirecTV (plus I found out DirecTV isn't broadcasting RFDTV and Cooking Channel in HD on it's core programming).

I was wondering if a Channel Master 2020 would help me pick up KETK , CBS19 (I had it come in one night for about 5 mins at 63%..) , FOX51 better, etc. ? And not be much more heavier so I don't have to put up guy wires ?

Also, do I really need to purchase a grounding block and a grounding rod if the pole that's been up for years didn't have it ? We were using an old circular antenna that rotated (but no longer did, motor went out? I guess..) that had been up for years. I couldn't get anything but KLTV on it , even trying to turn it myself is why I tried a replacement. (We're talking pre-digital antenna on that.)

There pole is 30 foot that we have up for the TV antenna from a guesstimate.

edit: The pole goes through a metal C looking deal they put up years ago to keep it attached to the house and from falling down. Also, I'm willing to accept the Shreveport locals (since I bet KLTV will come in anyway when pointed that way. KLTV is where we watch the news, so I'm not willing to lose that. Other than that, I just want the main locals (NBC, Fox, CBS, ABC since they are what carry NFL games and David Letterman).

Last edited by Name141; 26-Sep-2012 at 7:39 PM.
Name141 is offline   Reply With Quote