View Single Post
Old 9-Sep-2010, 3:28 AM   #12
LoTech

Like most FTA receivers the CS 8000 has both Signal Strength and Signal Quality meters. I can verify that for FTA satellite the low threshold is around 35 Quality. I have been told that the threshold for ATSC is somewhere around 65, but I have been unable to verify this.

I am attaching a couple screen captures of Channel 12 (WYMT) at 207000 kHz and Channel 16 (WKHA) at 485000 kHz. In each picture, the green bar is signal strength and the blue is signal quality. WYMT holds pretty much steady at around 80 on both meters, but it locked at around 72 before I fine tuned my antenna. WKHA fluctuates rapidly between around 75 to 98 on both meters. This is what leads me to believe that I'm getting multipath interference. There are no metal ducts or foil backed insulation, and very few wires running in this part of the house so that shouldn't be too much of a factor, but it would certainly be better if it were outside.

Unfortunately my RCA HDTV doesn't have a meter. It simply does a channel scan and logs the channels, so I can't use it to verify the signal I'm getting on the Coolsat.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to move the antenna and see if I can get improved results elsewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Channel 12.JPG (25.8 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg Channel 16.JPG (25.6 KB, 614 views)
LoTech is offline   Reply With Quote