View Single Post
Old 15-Feb-2012, 3:12 PM   #3
CountryBoy

40 yr. old antenna

Thanks MisterMe. The antenna most likely is a channel master. My dad only bought channel master equipment. It looks like the CM-3020, and it's not bent up or broken anywhere. Maybe a little rusty around some of the fittings here and there, but not bad. There is 1 tree about 25 feet from antenna close to the path that it needs to point to. Then another tree around 125 feet or so that's close to line of direction. There is a old 2 piece channel master preamp hooked up now, but stations are coming and going, staying off sometimes until I go up on the roof and turn the antenna or wiggle the flat 300-ohm wire. Everything had been working ok until last month or so. I've ordered a new channel master 7777 Titan 2 preamp, hasn't arrived yet. The antenna is only around 12-15 foot high right now. I plan on putting up 20-40 feet of tower to go higher, but I receive nbc, abc, cbs fox, and pbs fine at current height when it was still working. My main interest in going higher would be to receive WHBQ TV in Memphis, Tn. I think that's around 70 miles, but we have some big hills between us and Memphis. At 20 feet high I think the chart shows WHBQ at -21.7 NM. Is that too much negative for the booster to pull in? There are 3 televisions, all hdtv. Right now there is a 8 way splitter non powered in a closet. I also plan on replacing the old coax with new. The number of my report is http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...temid=29&q=id% 3d0686c9528b497c. I'm not sure how to post the link.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote